Thursday 24 June 2021

Bankanista AK47 Campaign

 Herts Volunteers have started an AK47 campaign involving a number of club members and I signed up.

Better than that, I got in touch with Fraser, my first opponent and made sure we got the first game in before the other "Africans" woke up !

As we are complete novices, we were greatly relieved that an accomplished AK47 player in the shape of Del was able to come along and guide us through the game processes. The rules being used are the original AK47 which still have a strong following.

Fraser had opted to spend more points on Political manoeuvring, got some upgrades to professional status and had the initiative as the attacker. Three areas were notified as his objectives but I had no way of knowing which was his main one.

Here's the table laid out. My Chosen People's Levy (CPL) army was split between the shanty town nearest the camera and the hotel area out beyond my Russian tanks. Other units are yet to put in an appearance !

Fraser's forces start to arrive far end of the table

Here's the rather up market hotel which is on his wish list !

My War Lord is still supping beer with his foot soldiers

Although some troops near the hotel are more alert

My tanks had started to move towards the enemy but got hit by some "incoming" and we lost a tank in no time. Not a good start.

Then the troops on the hotel template received enemy attention - white smoke denotes pinned.

Now we can see the threat posed by the evil President of the Republic - armour and trucks full of infantry

My tanks decide to engage them - but lose the fire fight. Another tank "brewed" and the third one pinned.
 
Did I say pinned ? He's now blown up too. And this was my best unit !

The enemy de-buss troops and they advance into the palm forest. One of their targets secured. 

I manage to get some Panhard armoured cars on but they are immediately engaged. Fraser now has units close to the hotel so I can no longer claim this as secure.

Belatedly, my War Lord decides to try and occupy the hill which we know the enemy want to take as part of their mission. This attracts a load of mortar fire and three groups are killed and another pinned out in the open

The clock had been ticking whilst all this was going on and time was now up. Del counted up victory points and I had definitely made his job easy as my Chosen People's Levy had hardly laid a glove on the President's forces !!!

Fraser was declared the victor and his President and totally corrupt government was safe for now.

But the C.P.L. will return again as God is on our side - and more importantly, McDonalds who wish to build a fast food restaurant near our palm forest ! 

I've only played AK47 once yonks ago and hadn"t appreciated what a neat little rule set this is - Del and Fraser have reignited my interest - roll on the next game !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.