Friday 17 January 2020

We had a plan !

This was last Friday's game at Steve's.

Mike and I had a plan for our Russians, however on Move 1 when my brigade threw so low I could grab three moves ... I took it and rushed forward


We had a three gun redoubt out on our right flank protected by a pond and broken ground. My infantry brigade are heading straight for the enemy !

The gunners can't quite believe it !

Opposite, a big French infantry brigade in line 

I also had Uhlans and Cossacks out on the right flanks so sent them forward to try and disrupt the enemy plans


 Damn ... the enemy have deployed artillery in front of their brigade

My infantry have ploughed through the fields and woods to attack the right end of the French line ... but now find a second French brigade entering the field which can attack my infantry. Not what I wanted !

Initially we did well, despite the odds

and the Uhlans caught a French battalion disordered in line

but my infantry quickly for themselves outnumbered and enemy on three sides

we were forced back through the woods and pursued

My brigade was soon to be destroyed

French cavalry now arrived on our right and our Uhlans were engaged

They broke too and fled the field

I seem not to have taken any pictures of the action out on our left where Mike's heavy Russian cavalry were engaged with the French cuirassiers and his infantry were engaged on their right flank.

With my two brigades gone and then Mike's cavalry breaking, we were well and truly beaten.

Oh, and the plan ? To not get engaged on the right and concentrate all our forces left of centre and left flank.  Oops !





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.