Monday 19 June 2017

Austerlitz at the club

Richard organised a multi-player game at Writtle yesterday and supplied all the figures and terrain.

I only popped in to have a look but it seemed there were five or six players a side.

15mm troops and the rules they used were "Volley and Bayonet"

I took some pictures but won't pretend to know what was going on as I had to disappear for Father's Day lunch being cooked by my four daughters ! So no running commentary.

Here's the pics ...

View down the table, Allies on the left, French on the right.


The white in the background represents the frozen lake.






This is the view from the other end of the battlefield, French on the left.









The Russian Emperor's coach, a little too near the front line !










Here's Napoleon urging his men on !






I gather the French won quite convincingly from the brief report I received from Steve Clarke this morning - but he was on the French side, so he would say that !

2 comments:

  1. A terrific set-up! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the more time I tell the story the better the French victory seems to get. Great game and Richard's management of the game was great. Lots of food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.